Disabling DNS after it's enabled

Discussion in 'General' started by djtremors, Apr 30, 2006.

1. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Just noticed something when I enabled DNS (and MX) on a website. Once it's enabled, I can't disable the sites dns any more and the entries in /etc/named.conf and /var/named/chroot/var/named/pri.domain stick and never get removed.

Is that a bug, i searched "dns" and got nothing for some reason.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can remove the DNS records in the DNS manager. The records where not removed automatically when you uncheck the checkbox because the DNS settings might contain other records that point to different servers.

3. djtremors

hmm.. the checkbox was misleading me then... ;) I was hoping for a simple enable disable for the DNS but appears you have to delete it to do that.

4. djtremors

Oh just noticed another thing. Once I delete the DNS, not only does it still appear with a checkbox next to the sites properties but also I can't recreate the DNS records via the site properties again.

I disable it, save it, reenable it, save it and I can't see it in DNS Manager or /etc/named.conf so I guess it has to be done manually after it's been deleted.

In DNS Manager, when the domain is also in the recycle bin and you create that same domain, it says it's created it with no errors but doesn't show. This is due to it being still in the recycle bin if your not noticing it like i did.. he he
    I would've thought it should error that it's either in recycle bin or that the domain exists.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006