Django Saleor on ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by milanleon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. milanleon

milanleon New Member

Hello all,
    Does anyone know how to install Saleor (Django) e-commerce on ISPConfig ?
    I have already one wordpress site , but I have a problem to install Saleor (Django). Its working fine with virutalenv, but in production when I setup vhost, then server redirect me to current wordpress site.
    I am using Linode servers.
    I think there is a problem with Apache configruation in Options, but I don't know how to solve this.
    I have trying zilion different ways , but nothing.
    Thanks a lot !

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Wrong site showing up can be caused by
    • wrong entry in website IP Address -box. It must be * for all sites or IP-address for all sites, not mixed.
    • SLL error, if certificate is not working
    Lots of threads in this forum for those.

3. milanleon

milanleon New Member

Thanks a lot @Taleman
    I have changed both sites in IPv4-Address to * instead of IP address
    and changed in Options with this Apache Snippets

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName www_example_rs
    ServerAlias example_rs *.example_rs
    DocumentRoot /var/www/example_rs/web/saleor
    ErrorLog /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/example_rs/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/example_rs/access.log combine
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /var/www/example_rs/ssl/example_rs-le.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/example_rs/ssl/example_rs-le.key
    </VirtualHost>

Also SSL Domain is set to *.example_rs
    And I got all
    SSL Key
    SSL Request
    SSL Certificate
    But still is redirected...
    I am not sure where I am wrong

4. Taleman

Have you modified those settings? Why?
    If you create new website in ISPConfig and put a simple index.html there, not modifying anything extra, does that website work?

5. milanleon

milanleon New Member

Well, when I was add new domain and website everything's was good well and I could see index.html in browser.
    But when I installed Django Saleor by terminal then I got all this issues.
    So I presumed that I have to configure apache2 in Options so from that reason I've add those lines and save them.
    After that my index.html shows me 500 Error.
    My Saleor is not in the same path where was index.html there is one more folder, but I added this path to Apache Options, and still nothing.
    I am thninikg to delete complete website and start all over, but I don't know where to add Saleor even if I got again index.html

6. Taleman

Did you do the install of that django saleor using the user created for that website? I.e. not as root or some other user.

7. milanleon

milanleon New Member

No.
    When I add new website I've create new user, but I didn't try to install Saleor as a user.
    I have installed as another user from sudoers, root and one more user.
    I didn't try to install Saleor as created user in ispconfig , but all files and folders are setup with permissions web2:client2

8. milanleon

milanleon New Member

You are right.
    I had it problem with Clients.
    Now I have a problem with sudo users.
    I have create ssh user, but if I want to install package then is asked me about web5 passwrd. I am not sure what kind of passwrd I should enter ?!
    I hope I will create complete tutorial here with all of this issues when I installed Saleor.

9. Taleman

Installing packages is done as root user.
    If you for some reason want to do installs as some other users, you can uses the sudoers file to give other users permissions to run as user a restricted set of command.
    Or maybe I misundestand? I don't know what operating system you use, so can not give more advice.
    I have never needed sudo in my ISPConfig installs.

10. milanleon

milanleon New Member

Well thing is if I am user cjohn and I want to install exp virutalenv then when I try to install with sudo i got this.
    Normaly cjohn can access with ssh , but can't use sudo in example:
    web5@server1:/var/www/clients/client3/web5$ sudo virtualenv --python=python3.6 myvenv
    I got this
    [sudo] password for web5:
    Sorry, try again.
    But I don't know what password should I add here, cause I am already created Shell-user with None.
    The thing is if I want to install extra packages with sudo command I can't do it...
    I couldn't find infos in manual documentations about sudo.
    Debian 9 strach is OS.
    Does the root have to install all the packeges for "client3 web5" ? Or there is some options for user to do it as cjohn user?
    Thanks a lot!

11. Taleman

If you are running jailkit I think it is not possible for users to use apt-get for anything.
    Is that virtualenv command installed on your host? If it is installed, and you use jailkit to jail SSH users, then you need to add that command to those jails. If no jailkit is involved, the description of virtualenv says it can be used without root permissions. So it should work without sudo.
    Like i wrote in #9, you can give users the permissions to use sudo, ordinary users are not allowed.
    The
    Code:
    web5@server1:/var/www/clients/client3/web5$ sudo virtualenv --python=python3.6 myvenv 
    makes me thing you are not using jailed users. But anyway, the web5 directory is not writable by that user, you have to put stuff in web5/web.
    Try the virtualenv command without sudo. If virutalenv is not installled, do
    Code:
    apt-get install virtualenv
    first as root.