DKIM amavis email not signed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MrWolf, Aug 8, 2013.

1. vhacker11

vhacker11 Member

Hi Florian,

Sorry I missed your mail because it was marked as spam. I've now addded your email address in my contacts. Anyways, let me explain how I am trying to setup a record. BTW I face issue only while adding DKIM and not SPF. I have two webservers A and B.

Server A is a webserver + mailserver + DNS server
    Server B is a webserverr + mailserver

As server B does not serve as a DNS server. I am using the DNS server of server A to manage the DNS records of server B.

Now to add a DKIM for a domain we have to activate it in the mail settings of the domain. Creating and activating DKIM key also creates DNS records on the same server.

As server B is not serving as a DNS server, and it is using DNS server on server A, I have to manually add the DKIM records on server for a domain on server B. But on server A, I do have the mail domain ( it is on server B), so I get the error "DKIM disabled for this mail-domaindata_error_empty" while adding DKIM records on server A.

This may be a feature request, but it would be nice if we could ask the user if he is using a different DNS server or his mail domain is on another server.Hope I am much clearer this time. Please help me solve this issue.
    Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Vikram

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Is this a mulitserver-setup or do you manage server A and server B with different installations / interfaces?

3. vhacker11

vhacker11 Member

Hi Florian,

No this is not a multiserver setup. They are two seperate ISPC installations and I manage them with different interfaces.

4. florian030

This won´t work. The DKIM-Keys are stored in the mail_domain-table. You can add the mail-domains from server B to server A (maybe with the remote-api). But i prefer a mulitiserver-setup.

5. vhacker11

vhacker11 Member

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
    I have managed to resolve the issue by editing a file.
    vi /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/dns/"form/dns_txt.tform.php"
    remove following code after line number 112

1 => array (
    'type' => 'REGEX',
    'regex' => "/^((?!v=DKIM).)*$/s",
    'errmsg'=> 'invalid_type_dkim'
    ),
    2 => array (
    'type' => 'REGEX',
    'regex' => "/^((?!v=DMARC1; ).)*$/s",
    'errmsg'=> 'invalid_type_dmarc'),
    3 => array (
    'type' => 'REGEX',
    'regex' => "/^((?!v=spf).)*$/s",
    'errmsg'=> 'invalid_type_spf'
    ),

I know this is not good but I wanted to do add DKIM without changing my setup. As I would again have to do migrations, backup and restore and stuff like that. Which I am not willing to do as there are many sites on the servers.

Thanks a lot for the patch. Keep up the good work.

6. florian030

7. vhacker11

vhacker11 Member

Hi Florian,
    Thanks for the fix. But could you write-up how can we update the current version to the latest available release ?
    I tried re-installing with first removing version 1.0 (as there is no unistall.php), but I still get the same error.

8. vhacker11

vhacker11 Member

Hi Florian,

Forgive my last comment. I tried adding the DKIM records directly and got the error but when I added using TXT records it gets added but the issue is it does not take the full input. The issue is, the length of the Text field is limited to 255 characters and the record is of 399 characters so I have to manually update the record again in the DB from phpmyadmin. Can you do something about it ?
    Thank you for all your support and patience.

9. florian030

There is no need to remove an older version of the patch. Just run php -q install.php.

To fix the bug with the TXT-Records download the archiv again or add a new line to interface/web/dns/form/dns_txt.tform.php before the last }:
    Code:
    $form["tabs"]['dns']['fields']['data']['maxlength'] = 512;