DKIM patch by Florian when using external DNS

Discussion in 'General' started by tal56, Jun 17, 2016.

1. tal56

tal56 Member

Hi, I'm running ISPconfig 3 on Debian 8 and using ENOM as my DNS
    The problem is when I send email from my websites on ISPconfig to gmail, it gets marked as spam and fails DKIM, as not authenticated.
    So I want to setup DKIM properly, I guess I need to install this patch :
    http://blog.schaal-24.de/ispconfig/dkim-patch-1-0/?lang=en

Then create a TXT host record on ENOM with the key? Does this sound right? I don't want to install this patch if it's not the correct way to get DKIM up and running. Also any suggestions for me when doing this? Thanks so much.

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Just create the TXT-Record with the public-key in the DNS-Zone. You can also run a local dns on your ispconfig-server and transfer the zone-records to your "real" dns.

3. tal56

tal56 Member

Thanks for the fast reply Florian. So basically I just install the patch, create the public key then copy it to Enom as a TXT record? Any other steps I need to take to get gmail to stop classifying my email as spam? The emails are being sent with php, such as notifications, change password confirmations, notifications etc. When I test using [email protected] I get these results :
    ============================
    Summary of Results
    ============================
    SPF check: pass
    DomainKeys check: neutral
    DKIM check: neutral
    Sender-ID check: pass
    SpamAssassin check: ham

So I believe DKIM is the missing portion to get my emails authenticated. Thanks

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. tal56

tal56 Member

Sorry for the confusion Florian, I meant that was the result before implementing the dkim patch. I'll give the patch a try over the weekend and hopefully can get a pass for the dkim result. Thanks again for the help..