DKIM Problem solved

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by guyw777, Jan 21, 2021.

1. guyw777

guyw777 New Member

Hello,
    I noticed that when I use DKIM generated by ispconfig 3.2, I put it in my dns records and get an error when I try to validate it with a DKIM validator.

After some iterations, I found that the problem was my dkim generated by ispconfig, here is the key (!! with "" in it !!):

MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCa+NLtsLGwxIh8/GN30wlj+nsqrbpXgaMMnQWSzJqjNjP/A93hKy2LbBjioPgpOweAJhLRRd9H1AKgkTd4tXsg6/suZ7y8bOJfZ8/ajb6nNimrDTSv3C98/R0fKSjLSH7aAKozu5ZxCavDcy/Y""7gISgLXoVZ4OZVodDPiTq0WB9wIDAQAB

when I look in the /var/lib/amavis/dkim/ I found this public key for my domain: (the same but without "" in it):

-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
    MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCa+NLtsLGwxIh8/GN30wlj+nsq
    rbpXgaMMnQWSzJqjNjP/A93hKy2LbBjioPgpOweAJhLRRd9H1AKgkTd4tXsg6/su
    Z7y8bOJfZ8/ajb6nNimrDTSv3C98/R0fKSjLSH7aAKozu5ZxCavDcy/Y7gISgLXo
    VZ4OZVodDPiTq0WB9wIDAQAB
    -----END PUBLIC KEY-----

When I use the key from the folder (without carriage return or space) for my dns record, the DKIM test validator was ok !!!

Perhaps you already know it, but it seems that it is a little bug ... :)

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, this is not a bug. A DNS record has max length so in BIND, it needs the ". Some DNS providers add this automatically but a lot of them don't.

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That should have whitespace between the quotes, though. Did you simply paste it that way here, or is it missing whitespace in the bind zone file?