DKIM public key for subdomain not saved in dns

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JaapV, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JaapV

JaapV New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I run a multi-server ispconfig setup. Mailinglists are on seperate server, with subdomains lists.domain pointing to the mailinglist server. Now I want to implement DKIM for the mailinglist server.
    In ISPConfig, the mailinglist subdomains have their own entry in Email->Domain. I can edit the Mail Domain, enable DKIM and generate a DKIM key. The key gets saved and gets set up on the mailinglist server in /var/lib/amavis/dkim/ So far, so good.
    BUT: for normal domains, the DKIM public key is then also added to the dns server. For subdomains, this doesn't seem to work. I can see in the ispconfig log that the dns-record is updated, but there is no DKIM key in there. It also doesnt show under the DNS records in ISPConfig.

29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Found 1 changes, starting update process.
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Calling function 'soa_update' from plugin 'bind_plugin' raised by event 'dns_soa_update'.
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Writing BIND domain file: /etc/bind/pri.domain.tld
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Writing BIND named.conf.local file: /etc/bind/named.conf.local
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 52547
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Calling function 'restartBind' from module 'dns_module'.
    29.10.2018-17:07 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

I'm not sure if this is caused by something I should do different, or that it's a small bug in ISPConfig that nobody ran into yet.
    If it was just one domain, I could just add the DKIM key manually (insert as a TXT record) but since there are many domains, this will take me a lot of time.

Any tips or tricks? Thanks :)
    ISPConfig version: 3.1.13 on Debian Jessie / Stretch

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess that's probably a bug. Please report it to the bug tracker.

3. JaapV

JaapV New Member HowtoForge Supporter

till likes this.