Dns "a Record" Issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sebroeck, Dec 8, 2005.

1. sebroeck

sebroeck New Member

I have an issue with recreate an A RECORD to a domain.

I had created a "www" A RECORD for a domain www.domain.com, then I deleted.

When I tried to recreate, first I removed it from Recycle Bin and ISP inform that have an entry like this.

Then I create a "www" entry manually direct in pri.domain.com in /var/named/chroot/var/named/ and it works fine.

But the problem is:

Every time that I create a new domain or modify an existing one, ISP recreates all DNS entries and is impossible to inform this "www" entry automatically.

The question is:

How can I delete manually this "www" entry from Mysql ISPconfig database?

The user in question is web2.

Thank you.

Patrick
    [email protected]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you have checked create DNS" in the settings of web2? Have you deleted the SOA for domain.com too or only the A record?

But generally, why want you create the record manually when ISPCOnfig can do it for you?

3. sebroeck

sebroeck New Member

The problem is:

When I try to create a www in DNS Manager to this domain, ISP inform that have an entry like that, but doesn't have.

It occurs because I had created an entry www, deleted, emptied the recycle bin, but, ISP insists in affirm that has an www entry for the domain in question.

It seems that Mysql database are creating this error.

I need a glue to delete it direct in mysql tables.

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

After you emptied the recycle bin in the DNS manager, is the www record still listed in the recycle bin? Have you emptied all recycle bin's in the DNS Manager? There is one for each reseller and one for the admin!