DNS entries not deleted

Discussion in 'General' started by TomC, Jun 3, 2008.

1. TomC

TomC New Member

Hi there,

I have just deleted a site from my ISPconfig system. Then deleted the corresponding client and finally deleted the reseller. The recycle bins are all empty.

Now the site and seemingly all its remains are gone from the ISPconfig frontend.

Unfortunately the DNS entries are still configured in the bind system. And since there is no reseller anymore, I can't delete them with the ISPconfig frontend.

I don't want to edit the database entries manually, because I have no idea of the structure of the database. But how on earth can I delete the DNS entries when the reseller is gone!?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Tom

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can try to find the records with the search function and then switch them to another reseller.

3. TomC

TomC New Member

Hi Till,

yup, the search function was the way to get hold of the entries. I didn't even need to change the reseller, but could use the delete function to have them erased from the bind9 configuration.

Funny enough: Even after I have deleted the entries that I found via search, it is still possible to find them... I have cross checked this: Even the oldest domain entries that have been deleted long ago can still be found through search. Bug or feature?!?!?

Greetz,
    Tom

4. till

You will have to empty the recycle bin of the reseller were the domains belong to completely remove them.

5. TomC

TomC New Member

Aaaah... that's it! It wasn't sufficient to press "delete" in the list of the search results. I had to reassign the domains to an existing reseller and delete them there...

Thanks for the help!!!

Still I wonder what's the use of the "delete" function in the search results, if it doesn't delete the domain (not even putting the domain in the recycle bin)?!?!

Tom

6. till

It is putting the domains in the recycle bin.

7. TomC

TomC New Member

...but only if the domain is not "free floating" - i.e. not assigned to an reseller...