DNS Not create zone

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stoneboy, Oct 17, 2016.

1. stoneboy

stoneboy New Member

I have a problem with ISPConfig version 3.1, use ubuntu 14.04 Perfect Server
    I Create website exampleone.com => Add Zone to exampleone.com website ==> Success.
    (Accessible and I look at / etc / bind there pri.exampleone.com.err, pri.exampleone.com and inside there named.local.conf zone for exampleone.com)

Problem:
    When creating a website for exampletwo.com ==> Add Zone to exampletwo.com pri.exampletwo.com.err file was successfully created, but the file pri.exampletwo.com and zone in named.local.conf to exampletwo.com not create

Whats wrong & How to check error and resolve problem?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely you did not add all required dns records in that zone yet, an incomplete zone gets rejected by BIND. The most common mistake is to not add the A-Records for the NS records of a zone.

3. stoneboy

stoneboy New Member

OK,thanks Till,
    Should not have been appropriate from a template?
    I wear the default template to create a zone, and also once tried to create a custom as follows:
    [ZONE]
    origin={DOMAIN}.
    ns=ns1[dot]example[dot]com.
    mbox={EMAIL}.
    refresh=7200
    retry=540
    expire=604800
    minimum=3600
    ttl=3600

[DNS_RECORDS]
    A|{DOMAIN}.|{IP}|0|3600
    A|www|{IP}|0|3600
    A|mail|{IP}|0|3600
    A|ns1|192.1.1.1|0|3600 <== my ns1 IP
    A|ns2|192.1.1.2|0|3600 <== my ns2 IP
    NS|{DOMAIN}.|ns1[dot]example[dot]com.|0|3600
    NS|{DOMAIN}.|ns2[dot]example[dot]com.|0|3600
    MX|{DOMAIN}.|mail.{DOMAIN}.|10|3600
    TXT|{DOMAIN}.|v=spf1 mx a ~all|0|3600

But the problem remains the same. so i manually create pri[dot]exampletwo[dot]com and add zone to named[dot]local[dot]conf to solve, but why not create automatically when i create zone, there may be an idea I had to find out where the problem?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The template seems to be ok.you can see in the syslog or with the named-checkzone command why BIND rejected the zone.