DNS template

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by electronico_nc, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Here is a multiple (2) servers configuration, using MySQL master-master replication and unison (described in how-to).
    I have entered the 2 servers IP in ISPConfig Panel System/server IP address.
    I was wondering if it could be possible to add the 2nd server IP in DNS template, something like {IP2}.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Nicolas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The field {IP} is the input field for the IP address in the wizard form, it does not refer to a special server as you can enter any IP addressinto that field in the wizard. If you want to set the IP of a server in a template, then enter the IP in the template and not a placehlder for a form field.

3. Thanks Till,
    So question would be :
    Can a 2nd server IP been asked in DNS template, so it could be theated as {IP2} ?
    (I'm still not used to ISPConfig architecture, while doing what's should be with ISP-Config remote)
    I have actually hard-coded the 2nd server IP, something like:
    Code:
    A|ns1.{DOMAIN}.|{IP}|0|86400
    A|ns2.{DOMAIN}.|www.xxx.yyyy.zzz|0|86400
    But if end-user could be asked fo the 2nd server IP in form, it would be nice for DNS template.
    Nicolas

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. till

No. The server IP field is intended for the IP of the website and a website is only on one server at a time, so there is just one input field.

5. Last answer has been edited when you was posting, but thanks I understand it's not actually possible without modify ISP-Config code.
    Nicolas

6. till

Normally an ISP has dedicetd dns servers, so the template looks like this:

Code:
    A|ns1.{DOMAIN}.|192.168.1.100|0|86400
    A|ns2.{DOMAIN}.|192.168.1.200|0|86400
    where 192.168.1.100 is the IP of your first DNS server and 192.168.1.200 the Ip of your second dns server.

so on most setups, you wont use the IP placeholder for NS records.