DNSSEC doesn't work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dioobr, Feb 16, 2017.

1. dioobr

dioobr New Member

My DNS servers aren't generating keys. I noticed in the source code of ISPConfig (bind_plugin.inc.php) the following:
    Code:
            if (file_get_contents('/proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail') < 400) {
                $app->log('DNSSEC ERROR: We are low on entropy. Not generating new Keys for '.$domain.'. Please consider installing package haveged.', LOGLEVEL_WARN);
                echo "DNSSEC ERROR: We are low on entropy. Not generating new Keys for $domain. Please consider installing package haveged.\n";
                return false;
            }
    Checking the contents of the file "/proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail", the value is 134. I have no idea what this is. Can I just change the value of the file and done? any suggestion?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ensure that you have the software "haveged" installed and that the haveged daemon is started.

3. dioobr

dioobr New Member

4. dioobr

dioobr New Member

If a server has a mirror server, is DNSSEC turned off?

5. till

Yes. DNSSEC will not work on mirror servers, it needs to be reimplemented from scratch to support mirrors which is planned for one of the next releases.

6. harshu294

harshu294 Member

Hi,
    I want to implement DNSSEC.
    I am currently using ISPConfig 3.1 mirror setup.
    Kindly let me know does this version(3.1) is having DNSSEC support for mirror setup.

Kindly note we are the service provider.We are having our own DNS.So it is compulsory for us to implement DNSSEC.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. till

DNSSEC is not supported for mirrors yet as it needs to be completely reimplemented for this purpose, which is planned for 3.2.