dovecot default sent folder

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Aug 24, 2015.

1. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can also disable the $app->system->maildirmake($maildomain_path, $user, 'Sent', $group); in the server-plugin and leave the plugin installed. This will not create the sent-folder during a mailuser-create / update. Dovecot should create this dir if the user logs in.

misterm likes this.
  2. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok, but how to disable auto creation of client software sends the Mail directory, apple, mail_plugin.inc.php in the file:

And that's, I would like Outlook and Apple Mail, and others, use the default Sent folder, Drafts, Trash, Junk without recreate "their directory"

Included Till, or you have not understood ...

Florian thank you

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, so now we get nearer to the problem ;) This is not about autocreating or not autocreating folders, you just want to know how to tell a mail client the names of special purpose folders. The names of special purpose folders in dovecot are set in the way that you posted the link for. If autocreate is on or off does not matter as they exist already. so you can just use the config from http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings and add that to the dovecot.conf file. If the client software obeys this setting or not depends on the client, not the server.

misterm likes this.
  4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Change the client-software or disable imap-folder-create in dovecot. You can also map Sent Messages to Sent.

misterm likes this.
  5. misterm

I also see that you understand better my sentences ;)

Knowing I'm Server Administrator or develop as Florent but Tester Technolgie a new "love" as we say.

How to add the lines in the dovecot.conf file, like this:

Thank you

Mz

6. misterm

Here is my config

Till thank you, your help Florent

Mz