Dovecot Replicator not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Peter Richardson, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

Hi All,
    I have finally made it to the last page of this tutorial! Yay!
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...ase-cluster-on-debian-8.4-with-ispconfig-3/5/

Installing on Debian 9. Very similar, not many changes. But one final one is a slight difference as mentioned by a comment from "dmgeurts" at the bottom of the page - the "iterate_query" also has WHERE service_id = '1' at the end of it. Should we leave this in or take it out? I'm also concerned that on server 1 it is id = 1, but on server 2 it is id = 3. Either way, I can't get it to work, the output of this command:
    doveadm replicator status '*'

is this:
    root@ISP-Config-2:/# doveadm replicator status '*'
    username priority fast sync full sync success sync failed
    root@ISP-Config-2:/#

Doesn't seem to give any error, so I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas? The UFW firewall status is "inactive" so it's probably not a firewall issue. The passwords are the same, the server IPs in the config files are correct. I'm out of ideas!

2. Peter Richardson

Also, I have given both ISP Config servers public IP addresses, and I have set 1:1 NAT in pfSense (the firewall at the site). So does this mean that the two servers will only rely on UFW? And as it seems that UFW status is "inactive"...there is no firewall on these servers running at the moment, as per the tutorial?

3. Peter Richardson

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The Nat and firewalling are separate functions in pfsense, you said you setup nat rules, but you must also create firewall rules to allow the traffic.

5. Peter Richardson

Thanks Jesse!