Drush in Jail

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by arraken, Apr 6, 2016.

1. arraken

arraken Member

Hi!
    I have drush installed on my server, and it works fine with the root user. I added /usr/bin/drush to the "Jailkit chrooted applications" in the Jailkit Serverconfig. However when I try to execute drush with my jailed user, I always get "bash: drush: command not found".

According to the ISPConfig adding /usr/bin/drush to the chrooted applications should do the trick. Did I miss something?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to use the jk_cp command if you want to install a command int an existing jail.

3. arraken

arraken Member

What exactly do you mean by "existing jail"? If i create a new shell user, should it work without the jk_cp command, because a new jail will be generated?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A jail gets generated when you create the first jailed ssh user or cronjob for a website. A new jail gets not generated when you add a new ssh user to a site. In this case, use the jk_cp command to add a program to that existing jail.

arraken likes this.
  5. arraken

arraken Member

Hmm, the jk_cp command works. However, I just ceated a new website and a new shell-user for that website, and the commands I added to the "Jailkit chrooted applications" field still don't work. The binaries are not actually copied into the jailed .../usr/bin/ folder.