Dynamic DNS

Discussion in 'General' started by snakeice, Oct 30, 2020.

1. snakeice

snakeice New Member

As i haven't a static IP address, i't possible to automatically update the ip of the recod dns on ispconfig? i try to expalin myself:
    i have a very poor server up h24 with a static ip. here i have ispconfig and i want to use it as dns server. I also have a very powerful server, which stay in my house and it has a variable IP. I have another ispconfig panel installed (not linket to the other server) and i want to use it as webserver. It's possible to make a script that automatically update the dns record to my static server?
    Sorry for my english i hope i've correctly expose my question.
    Best regards

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Script is ok but if possible using a more stable dynamic dns service like noip or dyn dns and set them in your home router, is much better.

I personally use several free dyn accounts that comes with dlink router brand (ddlinkddns) but now have only one since dlinkddns service is now terminated.

I heard tplink will have something like that but will somehow be limited, so do dig about it if you are using its brand and like to know more.

4. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

You can NOT use dynamic home IP-adress for mail services and send email to other people.
    You will get spam blocked everywhere.
    Make sure it static with correct PTR-record upstream.

Th0m likes this.