Email configuration with ispconfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by QuetzalFirst, Jun 17, 2015.

1. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Hi

When create a new mailbox, ispconfig send email from
    Reply-To: ISPConfig <[email protected]>
    Where a i can set this to have
    Reply-To: ISPConfig <postmaster@mydomain>
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

About which email that ispconfig sends are you talking?

3. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

"Welcome to your new email account. Your webmaster."

4. till

Check that yiu have set a valid admin email addressin ISPConfig under System > Interface config.

5. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Config is ok... Set to admin@mydomain and this email is valid

6. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Another few little questions (dummy question for sure) :
    what is the diference between email alias and email forward?
    What is utility of email catchall ? When i enable it, all typo email are not return to sender so sender couldn't see that he has wrong address.
    Thank you

7. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have the same issue and I am setup as multiserver. In the main cp (which is a separate server) I have the System/Interface/Main Config and for the Mail tab I have a valid email address for admin, but it always sends new emails as:

8. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Another issue... I cannot change server in spamfilter user...
    Multiserver setup... master CP and a mail server..
    spamfilter server is alway master server not the mail server

9. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The server for a spam-filter is always the server for the mail-domain. Why do you wan´t to change the spamfilter-server only?

10. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Sure... But my mail server is v04.mydomain and not master.mydomain !
    In SpamFilter -> User / Domain, the server is set to master.mydomain and connot be change to v04.mydomain (which is my mail server). master.mydomain is not a mail server.
    Filters in SpamFilter are set (not sure of that) when I create mailbox and use option to set level of spam...
    I dont understand why server in SpamFilter->User/Domain is not set to n04.mydomain and why it's cannot be change.

11. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

QuetzalFirst
    That doesn't look right. I have separate cp, mail servers, and websites and the Email / Spamfilter / user/domain has the coprrect mail server for each user and I have more then 1 mail server.

Are you using a Debian environment or something else? Just wondering as majority of the problems in these forums seems to be ISPConfig in a non Debian or Ubuntu environment or Nginx problems.

12. till

Check the email domain in the ispconfig mail module, probably it is set to the master server and not the mail server.

These records get generated automatically by the system based on the spamfilter selection that you make in a mail domain or mailbox. the server is the one where the mail domain resides. You can not alter that server manually as it would mean to move a mail domain with all mailboxes to another server. If you have created this record manually, then you can delete it off course and recreate it, but do not delete any records that were created automativ´cally by the system as your spamfilter will fail then.

13. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Hi

Linux Centos 7

14. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

In mail tab, all domains are set to v04.mydomain server

15. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Did you change something direct in the database? Please check ther server_id in spamfilter_users and in mail_user.

If you change a entry in the mailfilter, the server_id is set to server_id for the domain (see #9 and #12).

16. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Thank you!

This is the misconfiguration... Relate to my mail server swicth at the early stage of my configuration!

17. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Suggestion : In a view, if we can't change a setting don't put it in a combobox field but in a label field... This avoid confusion...