Email Forward Problem with ISPConfig 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vassiskansa, Apr 19, 2017.

1. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new of this forum, and sorry for my ugly english!
    I have a big problem: email forwarding doesn't work.
    ISPConfig 3.1.2 with Postfix 2.11.3-1 onto Debian 8.7 .
    I've set an email address into "Send incoming copy to" (ex: source-> myaddress dest-> external_address).
    However, "Send outgoing copy to" works well... and i don't know why...
    Can anyone help me?
    Thank you.

2. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member

I figured out where the problem might be. I initially installed the system to work with Dovecot but I had some problems and I returned to Courier. But on ISPConfig was remained Sieve settings as mailfilter syntax . I've changed and I've set Maildrop but it does not work yet. ISPConfig is so determined to create the .sieve files on the user mailbox. How can I do? Sieve is not really installed on my system. Thank you.

3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It's better to fix the problems with dovecot instead of running courier.

4. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately I can not replace courier because of some compatibility issues. Can you tell me why ISPConfig continues to write the forward rules on /var/vmail/[DOMAIN]/[USER]/sieve/.sieve folder instead of using the old path /var/vmail/mailfilters/[DOMAIN]/.mailfilter ? Where do I find these configurations?

5. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That should be the 'Mailfilter Syntax' setting under System > Server Config > {server} > Mail. I've not tried using maildrop, but it's the only other option besides sieve.

7. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member

Ok, i've solved my problem. maildrop_plugin.inc.php was disabled in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled . Probably the initial installation of ISPConfig3 enabling Dovecot/Siege that conflicts with Courier/Maildrop . Thank you all.