email forwarding not working with relay

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris Smit, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Chris Smit

Chris Smit New Member

Hello, I have a (test) ISPConfig server on a VPS.
    I am trying to forward incoming mail to my private email address, but I constantly get the (Postfix) warning:
    Code:
    Nov 22 09:32:26 s1 postfix/smtp[6676]: C4F746600DD: host vps.transip.email[149.210.149.126] said: 421 4.7.0 No valid 'x-transip-mail-auth' DNS record found for '<DOMAIN WHICH SENT MAIL>'. Please see https://www.transip.eu/question/110000764 for more information. (3tNJcW6yVYz1xmw) (in reply to end of DATA command)
    Nov 22 09:32:28 s1 postfix/smtp[6676]: C4F746600DD: to=<MY PRIVATE MAIL ADDRESS>, relay=vps.transip.email[2a01:7c8:7c8::126]:587, delay=3.7, delays=0.01/0.03/2.6/1.1, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host vps.transip.email[2a01:7c8:7c8::126] said: 421 4.7.0 No valid 'x-transip-mail-auth' DNS record found for '<DOMAIN WHICH SENT MAIL>'. Please see https://www.transip.eu/question/110000764 for more information. (3tNJcY6pvXz1Q6Zt) (in reply to end of DATA command))

The methodes which I tested, are:
    • Created an email mailbox "test@<DOMAIN NAME>" and filled in my private email at the "send copy to" field.
    • Deleted the above test mailbox and created a Mail Forward to my private address, with and without the option "Send as" checked.
    Above methods constant get the same error message.
    I am relaying my mail via my hosting provider TransIP, they have a VPS Mailservice.
    In my DNS I configured the following options:
    • A record for (mail-) server itself.
    • DKIM
    • x-transip-mail-auth with a key within the text-field (this one triggers the message)
    What I simply want is, when someone (external domain) sends an email to my domain, it has to be forwarded to my private email address.
    I understand that sending domains can't be forwarded by my server / domain due to security reasons, but I thought that the send as option should eliminate this. The mail is than be rewritten to my destination domain (/mailbox) as sender?

Does anyone have more information over this subject or a solution to this problem ?

EDIT: apparently I need "SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme)" for this problem

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. pterhaar

pterhaar New Member

did you ever resolve this on a TransIP VPS?