email: loops back to myself

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by andlo, Aug 11, 2005.

1. andlo

andlo New Member

I am testing ISPConfig on Mandrake 10.2, and followed the perfekt (and it is perfect) guide.

Only differende is that the server also is acting as a firewall and router for my LAN.

But I cant get emails working.

Persons sending to a emailadres on my ISPConfig is getting this message back from postfix:

<[email protected]> (expanded from <[email protected]>): mail for domain.dk loops back to myself

I'll dont understand what is wrong...

/A :confused:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Put domain.dk at the end of /etc/postfix/local-host-names (after #### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####) and restart Postfix:
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart

3. andlo

andlo New Member

Better, but still no email komming throu :(

from /var/log/mail/info:

Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/pickup[3722]: 745143369B: uid=10007 from=<web2_andlo>
    Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/cleanup[4128]: 745143369B: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/local[4131]: F062333683: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
    Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/qmgr[3723]: F062333683: removed
    Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/qmgr[3723]: 745143369B: from=<[email protected]>, size=359, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Aug 11 10:43:12 batman postfix/local[4131]: 745143369B: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<admispconfig@localhost>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

:confused:

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you selected the correct value for your server (Maildir or mailbox) in the
    ISPConfig controlpanel settings?

5. andlo

andlo New Member

Yes and no....

What is the correct value ?

/A

6. till

That depends on your server configuration. But as you dont receive any mail yet, yust change the value and try if you receive mail :) In most cases Maildir should work.

7. falko

Which POP3 daemon are you using?

8. andlo

andlo New Member

ipop3

The mail is delivered to the users Maildir. But webmail'en cant see it.

9. falko

ipop3 is using mbox so you have to turn off Maildir in your ISPConfig web interface (Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email).

10. andlo

andlo New Member

And now It works.

Thanks - and thanks for a pretty good system.

/A

11. roberto8080

roberto8080 New Member

I am having the same problem, unfortunately the problem continues. The web server module seems to work OK and I can send e-mail but not receive them. It is possible that our hardware firewall could be provoking this? I am using Fedora Core 2 and followed as close as possible the Fedora Core 3 perfect setup (just changed accordingly, for example the reps). My pop daemon is ipop3.

My mail is bounced back like this (the local name of the machine is LinuxServer, and it is going to host many domains, currently it has only one domain which I dubbed here as mydomain.com):

This is the Postfix program at host LinuxServer.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
    below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>:
    [linuxserver.linuxserver]: Name or service not known

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]xServer
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; [linuxserver.linuxserver]: Name or service not
    known

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  12. roberto8080

roberto8080 New Member

Ok solved, my bad. Just changed the localname LinuxServer for my actual domain in my Linux box :)

Now working perfectly, you were right.

13. nsangujm

nsangujm New Member

Hi,

I have configured mail server with ispconfig, multiple mail domains handled by mySql db.
    I also have two domain, the first domain has no problem with send/recieve, but have problem with second domain, please assist on this. here is the message of error log.

loops back to myself

14. nsangujm

nsangujm New Member

Please any one with idea with below mail log error.

Aug 11 09:10:03 hosting postfix/smtp[24308]: ECA9C1451B4: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.96, delays=0.01/0.03/
    sn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for linkerstz.com loops back to myself)

15. till

Seems as if linkerstz.com points with its mx record to your server but linkerstz.com is not configured as email domain in ispconfig.