Email no longer working using Thunderbird on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinjo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

I have been making the transition to Ubuntu from my Mac desktop and Windows laptap.
    I use v3.0.5.3 of ISPConfig, installed with Debian.

I was out of the country for a couple of months, and 2 weeks before I came back(3 weeks ago), my dual boot laptop (Windows 7 and Ubuntu 16.x) started having an issue with using Thunderbird.
    Thunderbird works fine. It loads up. But, all 5 email accounts that I have on my ISPConfig server just stopped working. No incomign mail, and no sending of mail. It stil is not working.
    Up until I left, my desktop Ubuntu TBird was still working fine. I am heading back in 2 weeks, and I hope that it is still working:)

I got home form my trip 2 weeks ago, and my desktop computer that I have been using during my transition, the Thundrbird stopped working in receiving or sending email with all email accounts on ISPConfig server.
    5 days later, incoming mail works, but even after 2 weeks, the outgoing mail does not work.

My mac still works. I can add and remove an email, no glitches. Windows, the same thing.

It seems to be Ubntu(maybe TBird?) where there is a glitch when working with ISPConfig.

Dos anyone have a idea where I can start looking for this ISPConfig/Ubntu/TBird glitch?

Thanks for any ideas.

Joseph