email not being delivered

Discussion in 'General' started by Curtis Maurand, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Hello all,

I have an ISPConfig v3 installation. I used the Ubuntu 14.04 perfect server. And for the most part it's working well. I have two email accounts on different domains. [email protected] works fine. Lot's of spam even on trigger happy, but that's a different story. The other is [email protected]. Both are me and I have access to both of these acounts. the [email protected] is not receiving email. postfix is reporting to that the the email has been delivered to the mailbox, but I am not receiving that email. It never appears. Any ideas of where I need to start troubleshooting this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Add some dns blacklists under System > Server config mail.
    2) Set the spam tag 2 level to 3 and the spam kill level to 8 or 10.

Do you use the domain name that does not receive email somewhere in postfix main.cf, /etc/mailname or as server hostname?

3. funny, I can't send mail from squirrelmail as xyonet.com, either.
    main.cf has "myhostname = ispconfig.xyonet.com" and
    "mydestination = ispconfig.xyonet.com, localhost, localhost.localdomain, xyonet.com"

Spam tag level is already at 2 and the kill level is set to 5.

main.cf: reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
    main.cf: reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
    main.cf: reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org

However, I just added them to the main config.

thank you for those suggestions.

4. solved on delivery. much less spam, too. Now there's just the matter of not being able to send mail with a "Relay access denied" error from squirrel mail. local addresses, public addresses and loopback addresses are in mynetworks in main.cf