email problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by paulley, Jun 2, 2006.

1. paulley

paulley New Member

hi

i setup a email account for domain.com then i uninstalled ispconfig and install it again and it say theres no email accounts there, but i can still logon to the server etc and when i click new email and put in the info of before it say that the user exists but it say there no accounts

why is this

thanks

paulley

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you uninstall ISPCOnfig, it does not delete system accounts.

But as you removed ISPConfigs database, ISPConfig is not able anymore to manage accounts created before you uninstalled it.

3. paulley

paulley New Member

are the accounts properly user account or virtual accounts and how do i delete the accounts

thanks

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  4. till

System user accounts.

Just delete the account. If you want to remove it completely from your system. empty the recycle bin afterwards. It may take a minute after you deleted the user, until you can empty the recycle bin.

5. paulley

paulley New Member

right i have used webmin to delete the account and when i enter the same username web1_paul when setting up the email account again it says that its in use when i have just deleted the account :confused:

paul

6. till

Never use ISPConfig and webmin together! The user is still in the ISPConfig database, you must empty the recycle bin to delete it.