Email questions

Discussion in 'General' started by leiw, Sep 19, 2014.

1. leiw

leiw Member

Hello,

1. How can I change localhost.localdomain by [email protected]omain from send copy to ?

2. Can I don't allow virus email ***INFECTED***delivery to cleint ?

Thanks

2. leiw

leiw Member

Can someone help on this question ?

3. leiw

leiw Member

Just checked I can see the virus attachment in SquirrelMail, but I can see that in Outlook, why ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can configure the beahviour of amavisd in the spamfilter policies. All available options are described in detail in the ispconfig manual.

5. leiw

leiw Member

Hello till,

I have checked I'm using Uncensored Spamfilter poilcy for that client, also using eicar to test the anti-virus, the eicar text file can delivery client with ***INFECTED*** header, can it block this email ?

Thanks

6. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

It is OK, because used both 25 and 2222 port.

7. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

I have tested Spamfilter can control Spam email, but I still cannot control Virus, because I sent eicar test file it detected with ***INFECTED*** header, how to delete this file ?

The SPamfilter policy set to Spam Lover and Virus Spam.

Thanks

8. till

Did you send the test virus with an account of the same server? In this case, the amavisd default got applied to the email sending proces as the rule that you selected is for the receiving process. you can control the amavis defaults which get applied to send emails and emails with no policy in the amavis config files.

9. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

I just test send to another email in same server, the result is same ...

Now, I want to edit amavis, can you tell me which file I need to edit ?

Thanks

10. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

Please tell me which amavis file edit for adjust virus source?

Thanks

11. leiw

leiw Member

Can someone tell me where I can modify amavis source ?

Thanks

12. till

amavis is a system package, so you find a list of all files that are part of the amavis package listed in the pacage database of the linux distribution that you usde to install your server.

13. leiw

leiw Member

Yes, I used apt-get install amavis in Ubuntu 14.x , I found /etc/amavus path that include amavis files, but don't know which file I should edit for virus source.

Thanks

14. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

Could you tell me which Amavis to edit ?

Thanks

15. till

All config files from amavis on Debian and Ubuntu are in the directory /etc/amavis/conf.d/ There you find files for the diffferent purposes, they are named after the purpose. run "ls" in that directory to get a list of all files.

16. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till,

OK, I will check on it.

And I want to change localdomain of [email protected]omain from send copy to ?

17. leiw

leiw Member

Hi till, do you know can I edit localhost.localdomain with my own domain ?

And I checked inside Amavis conf.d directory files, I can't see any file related the virus source, is it I don't need edit ?

Thanks