Email rejected question...

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by BorderAmigos, Jan 20, 2011.

1. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

My email servers output gets accepted by most all others so this isn't a big issue. However there is one server that gives me this rejection:
    Code:
    <[email protected]>: host mail15.mydomainwebhost.com[x.x.x.45] said: 550 See
        http://spf.pobox.com/[email protected]&ip=x.x.x.150&receiver=x.x.x.45
        (#5.7.1) (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Now my mail server that send out the [email protected] is on IP address x.x.x.148, not x.x.x.150. The only thing on x.x.x.150 is dns for ns2.mine.com which is the reverse dns name. The remote server is wanting to see my mail server as reverse dns but that is on x.x.x.148.

So my setup is working 99.99% percent but any ideas why not with this one remote server? I'm thinking they are configured badly at mail15.mydomainwebhost.com.

2. pititis

pititis Member

Did you set a spf record in your domain zone?

3. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Yes. spf record is configured correctly.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Yes, and implemented what it suggested but still got same error. The spf.pobox.com site says that the nameserver should be added to the spf record, nothing about blacklisting or spam.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It can take up to 72 hours until DNS changes propagate, so maybe you have to wait a little bit longer.

7. pititis

pititis Member

I think you are in a blacklist really and maybe you are blacklisted before you did set your spf record. Try to find the list where you are.

Suerte and tell us!