email routing / mail relay

Discussion in 'General' started by acumen, Jun 2, 2010.

1. acumen

acumen New Member

I tried to add a "email routing" in ispconfig 3.0.2.1 but failed. What I want to do is, abc.com and 123.com are different ispconfig-ed server, when abc.com is down, the 123.com will receive [email protected] emails and deliver back to abc.com when abc.com up again. I already setup the MX 10 and MX 20 and nslookup correctly.

Then, I tried to telnet 25 mail1.abc.com (which will point to 123.com actually) with cmd mail from and rcpt to, but it replied "relay access denied". Is here the correct way to add in "email routing" or I need to edit the main.cf manually? Thanks.

below is the 123.com settings in email routing,

Domain: abc.com
    Type: smtp
    No MX lookup: yes
    Dest: 1.2.3.4 (this is the mail.abc.com's IP)
    Sort by: 1
    Active: 1

2. bajodel

bajodel Member

In the last ispconfig3 versions (i don't remember what exactly) there is a new feature "Relay recipients" in mail tab. If you set some domains for postfix routing you have to add them in those table also.

For ispconfig developers.. i think it will be usefull to automatically add the routed domains in the 'Relay recipients' table. Another thing: that table is not proxymapped in postfix and it's the very first postfix open on new connections.. it could lead to a DoS problem on MySQL queries.

bye..

bajodel.