email troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General' started by asgare, Feb 23, 2015.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

2. asgare

asgare Member

3. asgare

asgare Member

Dear till ,
    since I am not aware of "reverse dns" action I post the screenshot of that for you.
    I saw our provider name at the "reverse dns" list.
    If it was possible for you in case of time please let me know why "reverse dns" are important; in my case what is the role of "reverse dns" on ISPConfig mail server?

4. asgare

asgare Member

My friend, till. You are awesome
    I talked with my ISP provider and Itold them what you exactly asked me upon "reverse dns" and they told me on Saturday they will add my DNS to "reverse dns".
    happy that I am one step ahead :)
    I'll inform you upon any advancement

5. asgare

asgare Member

Thanks till
    it is solved :)
    The problem was exactly on about "reverse dns".
    please do me one more favor, I want to send 100,000 emails but I can't put out my IP's from black list. Also I have some limitations which doesn't let me to buy an white listed IP.
    What should I do for it?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Get a (cheap) virtual server in a datacenter and host your server there. Hosting a mail server at home or in office is not a good choice due to the problem that most email providers have listed all subnets of access providers in their blacklists.

7. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

An alternative would be to send the outgoing email through your ISP mail server. If you have an email account from your ISP you could setup relay and your server submits the emails then to your ISP which will then send it out.