Email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jacobhenry, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

I am able to send and receive using Webmail but when it comes to using Outlook I am unable to send. Any suggestions?

I checked the 'requires authentication' box for SMTP and it is still not working.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check your mail log for errors when you send an email with outlook.

3. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

Junk Mail?

Why do Email Clients, such as Outlook, send my emails to junk mail?

4. till

Email clients do not send emails to junk mail.

Do you mean you have a spamfilter installed in your outlook installation and it filters an email you received to the spam folder even if it is not spam?

5. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

No, Outlook thinks that emails from my domain (scratchco.com) are junk mail. Do you know why it would automatically assume my email is junk mail?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do those emails have something like ***SPAM*** in the subject line, or is the header in some way modified?
    Do you have filter rules in Outlook the categorize your emails?

7. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

Yes Outlook automatically sorts it for me and it thinks my email address is spam. The same thing happened with my friends client. Any suggestions.

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do those emails have something like ***SPAM*** in the subject line, or is the header in some way modified?

9. jacobhenry

jacobhenry New Member

Sorry for leaving this question unanswered before. There is no ***SPAM*** in the subject or header. I am affraid that everyones clients will think my email address is SPAM and automatically send it to the Junk Mail. I am not having a problem when I receive mail. I am having a problem when I send mail to somebody and their client it says my email is junk.

Thanks your your patience.

10. till

Which junk filter do your recipients use? Is your server hosted on a DSL line or in a datacenter with fixed IP?