Emails causing Unable to create a dot-lock file

Discussion in 'General' started by andyb2000, Apr 16, 2012.

1. andyb2000

andyb2000 New Member

Hi folks,

This may just be a logical error that I've done, if so please point me in the right direction!

I've got quite a few domains attached to my Email setup, so my setup is:

Under Email Accounts > Domain I have the primary domain setup "example.com"
    I then setup an Email mailbox "[email protected]".
    I then setup a Domain Alias for "@example.co.uk" forwarding to "@example.com".

So emails work if sent to [email protected] or [email protected]. The problem comes if somebody sends an email to "[email protected]", the alias works and it tries to forward it to the example.com, but because [email protected] doesn't exist (and I don't want it to exist!) it causes maildrop to get angry:

Code:

E29691036B1     2732 Sun Apr 15 18:14:59  [email protected]
    (temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/fred/10677.0.vhost.)
                                             [email protected]

Is there a simple solution to this, should I be creating a dummy catch-all to drop the mail or something, ideally I want these emails bounced with invalid recipient.

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The above message is ok, its the rejection of the email by maildrop for non existing accounts.

If you want that the emails for non existing accounts get denied by postfix directky and not maildrop, then remove the domain alias and replace it with email aliases of the email addresses that shall be forwarded.

3. andyb2000

andyb2000 New Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

I understand the error, but I think i'll change it over to email aliases as at the moment these emails get stuck in my postqueue for the maximum time until they get attempted to return to sender with an error in delivery (untidy, as the sender doesn't get an immediate bounce, they get a delay then an error not an invalid sender return).

4. gondim

gondim New Member

Hi

I have this error:

052FA5C09E5 36040 Mon Jul 2 19:56:15 [email protected]
    (temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to open mailbox.)
    [email protected]

04B875C062D 57768 Mon Jul 2 19:50:53 [email protected]
    (temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to open mailbox.)
    [email protected]