Emails without host name

Discussion in 'General' started by MvincM, May 3, 2006.

1. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Hi,

One question... I wonder... because I need this ;)

It is possible to have only mails in domain. I want to have mails in abc.com domain. I don't want to have www or other host.

So when I adding ISP Site I must put some host name e.g. "www". After that I have e-mail like that: [email protected] and [email protected]. I don't want the first one.

It is possible?

Best regards,
    MvincM

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, go to the "Options" tab and select "External Mailserver". Then www.abc.com will not be configured in Postfix.

3. MvincM

MvincM New Member

HI,

Thanks for you answer!

But in this case even if I don't give the host name and save new Site host name (exactly "www") will be given by default?

And one question to External Mailserver. It I check it all mails to this domain (even send by localhost from the same domain) will be treated as external mails. What is the difference?

Thanks in advanced !

Best regards,
    MvincM

4. falko

On the Basis tab, you have www.abc.com, on the Co-Domains tab you add abc.com (without hostname). Then on the Options tab you set www.abc.com to "External Mailserver" so that www.abc.com will not be configured in this server's Postfix. abc.com will, unless you also set abc.com to "External Mailserver" under Co-Domains.
    That way you can receive mails for abc.com on the server, but not for www.abc.com. You can then configure another server for www.abc.com, if you want.

5. MvincM

MvincM New Member

Thanks ! (BIG)

Exacly what I want to know !

Best regards,
    MvincM

6. tom

tom Member

It is possible to use a server configured with ISPC only as Mailserver without a running apache2 for websites?

tom

7. falko

You can switch off the main Apache in ISPConfig if you don't need it.