ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error! after update to 3.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Aivaras, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

I am also have upgraded the name servers (ns1 and ns2) to 3.1, and afraid that would not be something wrong now with these servers also..

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You missed to run the resync on the websites. An ispconfig update does not change the configuration of a website, you will have to run a resync to apply the new website template.

3. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

There are any possibility to resinc via SSH (in master server if I understood correctly)?
    My master server also not accessible today, I can't resync via ISPConfig control panel..

4. till

The resync can only be started trough the master. Check what#s wrong with the master first and then do the resync. Which error do you get on the master?

5. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Master domain is offline. Im successfully accessed master server (control panel) via IP addres, and after resync - some sites are onlne now, some other sites are still offline. I think there are also problem with name servers, after updating to 3.1 (I also updated dns servers yesterday). Maybe now I must just wait some time...

6. till

An ispconfig update does not alter any dns zones, so if you have a problem with a dns zone, then it is unlikely that this problem is related to the ispconfig update as the zones files don't get touched.

7. Aivaras

Aivaras Member

Thank you very much for your help. :) I have still the last question, if I must now update my slave server to the stable version? (Currently ISPConfig 3.1dev)

8. till

3.1dev is currently stable plus a few bugfixes, so you can leave it as it is and then update all to 3.1.1 when it gets released.