error after upgrade ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jonathon Gilbert, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Jonathon Gilbert

Jonathon Gilbert Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi guys i hope someone can give me a hand. im an absolute noob. however i had my server up and running fine except for being able use port 465 r port 587 for smtp. i updated as i had a message telling me to update and it all seemed to update fine.

however now no emails are coming or going.

i get this error in my logs

(connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026: Connection refused)

i can figure it out and im going to lose this client in the morning if i cant fix this in the next 2 hours

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Jonathon Gilbert

i just did the ISPconfig update using the ispconfig_update.sh command
    however part way through i did select for it to create a new ssl cert (didnt have one before)

4. Taleman

Check which services are running. I do not know you operating system, so this may not work:
    Code:
    systemctl --state=failed

5. Jonathon Gilbert

here is that output

Attached Files:

6. Jonathon Gilbert

sorry the list goes on..

Attached Files:

7. Jonathon Gilbert

and its linux but no idea what distro as it is hosted by crazy domains

8. Jonathon Gilbert

unfortunately command not found

9. Jonathon Gilbert

id like to just role it back to the backup i did before upgrading. is that possible? because it was working fine before.
    im just not familiar with ssh. as i have only ever used windows servers.is there a straight forward way to recover the backup?
    i have tried extracting it in windows but it states that some links are missing

10. Taleman

What kind of backup do you have?
    Try
    Code:
    lsb_release -a
    To see what linux you have.
    But I suspect amavis is not running, preventing mails from arriving. Or certificate error prevents some service from starting.

11. Jonathon Gilbert

i still get a command not found for that command.

also i have just signed up to be a subscriber. even with you replying is helpful enough.

12. Jonathon Gilbert

also... when i did the upgrade and this could have been the reason its wrecked... it asked if i wanted to create an ssl cert. i chose yes and filled out the questions. now i have to use https:// to log into the server.
    im guessing this could have something to do with it?

13. Jonathon Gilbert

and the backup was just the standard pre update backup it did itself during the update process. i was told i would have to use putty to unpack the compressed files back into the original folders from the backup folder

14. Taleman

Yes, that is the certificate and some service may not start if it is somehow faulty.
    The PHP version seems oldish, which makes me suspect the operating system is not recent. Let's try to find out which Linux is involved. Try the following commands and post the output:
    Code:
    cat /etc/issue
    cat /etc/lsb_release
    cat /etc/redhat-release
    cat /proc/version
    uname -a
    If that does not reveal anything see if you have any of these files and if yes, what are the contents?
    Code:
    ls -lhd /etc/*versio* /etc/*release* /etc/*issue*

15. Jonathon Gilbert

the last one did something

Attached Files:

16. Jonathon Gilbert

should i try to do the OS update as well?

17. Taleman

Looks like you have CentOS. With very old kernel running. What version was ISPConfig before update?
    If you just want working email within the next hour, do not update OS now. But you should check the version you have is still maintained, and upgrade to a more recent version if it is not.

18. Taleman

When you can the ISPConfig update.sh, did you choose "reconfigure services"? If not, you should do that now.

19. Jonathon Gilbert

hmm i think so... how do i do that without running the update again or do i just run the update again?

20. Jonathon Gilbert

3.0... something ithink. sorry i didnt really take much notice. but the hosting has only been setup in the last month. and im so mad with crazydomains support i would be happy to jump ship if it wasnt so urgent to get back up and running