error printing in windows network printer

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nightmher, Jun 30, 2009.

1. nightmher

nightmher New Member

could someone teach me how to properly connect my ubuntu 9.04 to a windows network shared printer, the printer is connected to a domain. I can see the shared printer from the network using samba but most of the times when I try to connect to a specific printer the window just suddenly closes, but sometimes i can connect without any problems then it will install the driver of the printer and asked me for a test print, but after that the status of the printer will turn to idle then i cant print any document from my file and an error will pop-up saying "Error Printing too many failed attemps" what software can i use or how could I properly connect or configure my printer from my domain? "Please help"

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are there any errors in your logs?

3. nightmher

nightmher New Member

help..

im sorry but im a newbie in linux, i was just trying to explore if theres any possibility that I can connect an ubuntu to windows domain just like any workstation on it.. when I try to add a window shared printer to my ubuntu there seem to be some problem(most of the time..). I can see all the workstation connected to our domain but when i click on a specific user that has a shared printer.. the samba just close all of a sudden.. but then there are times when i can successfuly add a printer but after installing the driver it will ask me if i would like to test print.. it will prompt me to authenticate asking me for a user log and password so i use the administrator account and it successfully test print.. but after that the status of the printer will turn to "idle" and it says test connect failed(NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED).

This is the second time I try ubuntu 9.04 but its the first time i encountered problems like that. The first time I try ubuntu 9.04 i didn't encounter such problems with the window shared printer when i can add any window shared printer in our domain with ease thats why im confused with it now..

many thanx.. i would gladly appreciate your help..