ERROR: The URL is not reachable!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Roadracer, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Roadracer

Roadracer New Member

I am having problems setting up ISPConfig. I am also very new to Linux.

During setup it starts asking questions about the MySQL database and Domain. What should I be entering into these fields:
    I do not have any URL pointing to my server yet.

Sorry if this seems like a very odd question.

Also, is there a file I can manually edit to complete the setup since it seems like I am at the final step?

2. IntnsRed

IntnsRed Member

Are you sure that's about your MySQL server? I believe ISPConfig is asking for the host.domainname.tld of where you're going to install ISPConfig.

So, let's say your domain is example.com. In that case, you'd enter "www" for the first entry (unless you want to use an unusual host name), and then "example.com" for the second prompt.

Don't worry about it. The text for each of those prompts in that question-answer sequence is a little vague and non-descriptive.
    ________
    Nevada medical marijuana

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Roadracer

Roadracer New Member

I was able to run ISPConfig again, this time I used the hostname that I provided with the Fedora Core 4 Perfect Setup. The problem is, I do not currently have a domain that points to my IP. The domain is currently hosted thru a vendor.

Because of this, I am unable to access ISPConfig. Is there a way to access ISPConfig via an IP(ie https://123.123.123.1:81)? I can't seem to make it work via IP.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you managed to install ISPConfig, then you can change the URL (and use an IP address in the URL) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php.

If you didn't succeed in installing ISPConfig, the next time you run the installer, when you are prompted for the host name, leave it empty, and as domain you enter your IP address.

5. Roadracer

Roadracer New Member

Do I need to restart ISPConfig after changing /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, you don't have to restart ISPConfig.