ERROR: Unable to create database user: ispconfig Error:

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by boubou, Apr 14, 2017.

1. boubou

boubou New Member

Hi,
    When I try to install ISPConfig 3 *latest (git)*, I got this error.
    Shall this server join an existing ISPConfig multiserver setup (y,n) [n]: n
    Adding ISPConfig server record to database.
    ERROR: Unable to create database user: ispconfig Error:

I double checked my password and it's good.
    I am running Mysql 5.7 on a RHEL7.3.

Thanks you in advance for your help!

2. Look at the folder permissions and owner of the mysql folder. in ubuntu it is /var/lib/mysql. Owner has to be mysql and my has 0755 permissions.
    Did you create the db users on the master server for the slave?

3. Hesam

Hesam New Member

I have this issue but I can't solve it with your solution!
    Please help me.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So you are adding a new server node to an existing multiserver system, right? Which tutorial did you use?

5. Hesam

Hesam New Member

No, I actually chose the multiserver to no during installation.
    I was about to use this one: howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    but because I couldn't do wget command with ftp port so
    I had to follow up on this one from the section of installing ISPConfig :
    howtoforge.com/tutorial/perfect-server-ubuntu-20.04-with-apache-php-myqsl-pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/#g0.0.22

But still after giving 755 permission to /var/lib/mysql and editing /etc/mysql/my.cnf to have skip-grant-tables, it creates dbispconfig database but it can't user database.
    This has been very confusing to me.

Please let me know your thoughts.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your system needs internet access, no matter which installation method you use. So you should fix internet access first so that your system can reach the internet via http and https. You can use the auto installer also by downloading it manually, e.g. via git:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    git clone https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig-autoinstaller.git
    cd ispconfig-autoinstaller
    ./ispc3-ai.sh --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades
    Ok, so your issue is not related to this thread then, as this here is about multiserver installation. Next time, please make a new thread instead of opening an old thread that does not match your issue.

Using the guide is fine if you have an Ubuntu 20.04 system, using it on a different OS or Ubuntu version like 22.04, installation must fail. Also using just the ISPconfig installation chapter instead of the full guide, the installation must fail as well.

Do not do this. It just breaks your setup, and you can not install the system like this anyway. What the issue means is that the root user you are using to log into MySQL is not allowed to create MySQL users or it is not allowed to connect via tcp.

I recommend that you format the system and use the auto installer.