Errors at end of setup script

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by RedLance, Feb 21, 2006.

1. RedLance

RedLance New Member

Greetings!

A cursory read through the first 5 pages of this forum didn't answer my question, so I hope I didn't just miss it or not dig deep enough.

I just wiped out the server HD and installed Ubuntu 5.10. Then I started following the how-to over here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu_5.10

for the perfect setup. It all went fine, until I ran the ISPConfig setup script. It runs along, asks me all the questions about certificates and what not, then at the end it say:
    for d in uudeview.1 uuenview.1 ; do \
    ./install-sh -c -m 644 ./man/$d /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/uudeview/man/man1/$d ; \
    done
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/spamassassin.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronolog': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronosplit': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/ispconfig_tcpserver': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/zip': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/unzip': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/adminmail.txt': No such file or directory
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 639

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 639

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 649
    Could not connect to db
    Restarting some services...
    * Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent... [ ok ]
    * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent... [ ok ]
    Restarting ProFTPD ftp daemon.proftpd.
    ..proftpd.
    done.
    ./setup2: line 974: /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
    Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

And I can't access it via the web...I'm not all the familiar with mysql, but the last time I had it installed, it wasn't this much trouble.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you try to install ISPConfig more than once (after your first attempts had failed)? Then you must do this:

Code:
    rm -fr /root/ispconfig
    rm -fr /home/admispconfig
    Also delete the ISPConfig database, if it is already existing. Do it like in this post: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9408&postcount=10
    except that if you find the database with the
    Code:
    SHOW TABLES;
    command, you run
    Code:
    DROP DATABASE <ispconfig_database>;
    quit;
    Then you unpack the ISPConfig sources again and run the setup again.

3. RedLance

RedLance New Member

Thanks alot! I think that will help.

Brian