Exceeding mailbox quota

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by WHM, Jul 22, 2014.

1. WHM

WHM New Member

Hi there,

I have built a mail server by following the 'howto' Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 14.04LTS). All is working well. However, when I tried to move my saved mails from my old Ubuntu server I recieve an error "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: You exceeded your mail quota" - As I understand it, because I am running 'virtual' then the mailbox quota is set in MySQL. I have been in and upped the quota from 10485760 to 104857600, restarted postfix, restarted MYSQL, restarted the server but still keep getting the message about quota. Any thoughts ?:confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

not quite sure but if the value in the db is in bytes, then your quota can still be exceeded, depending on your mailbox size.

3. WHM

WHM New Member

Yes, I get that, so what I did was transfer some mail, then got the message that quota was exceeded, then added a 0 in MYSQL (ie increased the size tenfold) restarted and tried to move one more stored mail, with no attachment - and still got the quota message - suggesting that increasing the quota tenfold in MYSQL had no effect ?

4. Heeter

Heeter Member

use this number in your sql setup: 2147483647

2147483647bytes = approx 256MegaBytes

The maximum that you can enter in SQL.

Also change (if needed) the top line in your /home/vmail/DOMAIN/USER/maildirsize file.

Good luck

Heeter