ext / extssh / pserver: CVS Server

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Pasco, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Pasco

Pasco Member

Hi 2gether,

Can anyone tell me, how I install and set up an ext or extssh or pserver (CVS Server)? Where can I get the necessary files? And can I install it for users on ISPConfig? If yes, how?

Thanks a lot for your support!

P@sco

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Have a look here: http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Secure-CVS-Pserver.html

As the users you create with ISPConfig are normal system users (i.e., they are lsited in -/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow), it should work without problems. You might have to give them shell access, but I'm not sure about this.

3. Pasco

Pasco Member

Falko, I really appreciate your exact and very fast answers! You do a really great job!!! Thanks a lot. I'll have a try. You will read me feedback after implementation.

so long, P@sco

4. Pasco

Pasco Member

My CVS Server over extssh is working now :).

Still I have a little problem:
    I had to give cvs users shell access, as you supposed. If a user login now i.e. with putty, he can see all the server tree. OK, he gets an "permission denied" message if he want to change something on my ispconfig. But it scares me a bit and I don't want everyone who has shell access to see my whole server structure, directories and files.

Is there a way to chroot the users also in puTTy/shell access?

thx, P@sco

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff