Failed at MySQL

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lhatle, Nov 29, 2005.

1. lhatle

lhatle New Member

I followed the install all the way till the MySQL part then it just falls apart. Have no idea why, this is the error.

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...
    Please enter your MySQL server:divine
    Please enter your MySQL user:root
    Please enter your MySQL password:******
    ERROR 1130 (00000): Host 'divine.MyDomainName.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
    ERROR: The provided MySQL password is wrong! The installation routine stops here!

I made a database from admin so it should be the same password as the install. Then again is it looking at the database as if i were logged in to mysql as root and then would not have to give it a password?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Your MySQL database should be installed on the same system where you want to install ISPConfig on. So when the installer asks "Please enter your MySQL server:" you should enter localhost.

3. lhatle

lhatle New Member

Dang nab it. I did not read that as such in the manual. I miss took it as putting in the server name.

Now i have to figure the uninstall process to redo it.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Delete the install_ispconfig directory, also /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig if they exist. Then upack the ISPConfig sources and run the installation again.

5. lhatle

lhatle New Member

yep found that in one of your other post and doing it now. Reinstalling again.
    this is only my 4th time installing. first 3 did not like my packages. hope i get through this with all my hair.