Failed to start Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers..

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Harvey Sharman, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Dear developers or till, (please help :(

On my newly installed ISPConfig 3.1 on Centos 7.1 with latest build, it has been working great fore weeks then yesterday I added/improved the Postfix cipher suites in main.cf file for security vulnerability and now I cannot start Amavisd and no email arriving due to this. I had a previous main.cf file called main.cf~3 so I copied back some old codes without luck. Then for some strange reason emails were working then it failed. In Roundcube, when I send a test, I am also getting error SMTP error (250) > Authentication failed.

Please see below log errors if that helps. Am I missing some code in the main.cf or something more worse.

amavisd.service - Amavisd-new is an interface between MTA and content checkers.
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2016-12-01 17:10:03 GMT; 2min 28s ago
    Docs: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#doc
    Process: 28712 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf (code=exited, status=13)

When I use run amavisd -u amavis debug, I receive this
    amavisd[28700]: Error in config file "/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf": Can't open PEM file /var/lib/

This is also in the logs
    postfix/smtp[8549]: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused

Harvey Sharman

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Check for the path for dkim-keys in amavis and create the dir if it's missing. Maybe just mkdir -p /var/lib/amavis/dkim and set the permissions for the amavis-user (chmod amavis.amavis /var/lib/amavis/dkim)

kyferez likes this.
  3. Thank you Florian, I will try this tomorrow morning and let you know.

4. @florian030 update. Not sure why, but the amavisd service was started? Did not run any command you suggested yet. Although I did see another log error postfix/smtpd[59617]: error: open database /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db: No such file or directory

So I looked around on Forums for this and run command touch /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman and postmap. Emails are receiving now and amavisd service is started. Not sure if this was the case but unfortunate not sure if it was started before I did this or after?

Harvey

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016