FastCGI PHP error nginx only install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Robetus, Dec 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Robetus

Robetus Member

Using ISPConfig 3.2.9 on Ubuntu 22.04, basic html websites work perfectly but when I try to install a php app it gives:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: phpmyadmin: Failed to load /var/lib/phpmyadmin/blowfish_secret.inc.php Check group www-data has read access and open_basedir restrictions.PHP message: phpmyadmin: Failed to load /etc/phpmyadmin/config-db.php Check group www-data has read access and open_basedir restrictions"

Any suggestions on what I can add or use for an nginx only ISPConfig install? I used the nginx only flag with the perfect server install of ISPConfig.

2. Robetus

Robetus Member

I'm fairly certain this is due to the app I'm trying to install not having an index.php file. In the instructions it states it will redirect to the installer. Is there a nginx Directive I can use to automatically direct an app without having an index.php file or similar file in an app?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error is not from an app you installed on a website in ISPConfig, it's an error message from phpmyadmin. So its more than unlikely that you get this message from your app, you probably looked into a wrong log file and mixed up errors.

An error message from your app is found in the error.log file of the website only, this log file is in the log folder of that website, it is not the global nginx error.log. And yes, it's quite likely that your app requires specific nginx directives that need to be added to the nginx directives field of the website. Such directives are app-specific, so there is not 'that one directive' that works for all applications. Nginx is not as easy as apache, so if you are not familiar with Nginx and don't know how to write directives for it, it might be better to reinstall the system with Apache.

4. Robetus

Robetus Member

Can you reinstall without loosing all the data?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. I know some users managed to exchange Nginx with apache and vice versa on an installation without reinstall, but it's not that easy and I don't have any instructions for this at hand, you might find instructions on the net, though. Or you contact @Th0m from ISPConfig business support and ask him for a quote to do that.

But maybe we should start that you look up which error you get for that app in the log file and tell us which app it is.