FastCGI sent in stderr: DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME - mailman/nginx/fcgiwrap

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dnichk, Nov 5, 2014.

1. dnichk

dnichk New Member

I am following the tutorial (ispconfig/nginx, etc) located at:

http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfe...bind-mysql-php-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig3

Now I am testing post install, and one of the issues i am having is that I cannot get to the mailman admin site. I keep getting 403 denied errors.

This is being tested by way of a "site" being added in the ispconfig interface.

I have the following under the "options" tab.

Code:
    location /cgi-bin/mailman {
      root /usr/lib/;
      fastcgi_split_path_info (^/cgi-bin/mailman/[^/]*)(.*)$;
      include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
      fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
      fastcgi_param PATH_TRANSLATED $document_root$fastcgi_path_info;
      fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
      fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
    }

location /images/mailman {
      alias /usr/share/images/mailman;
    }

location /pipermail {
      alias /var/lib/mailman/archives/public;
      autoindex on;
    }

Then in my log file foe nginx for that domain, I have the following:

Code:
    2014/11/04 16:14:45 [error] 5482#0: *52 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Cannot get script name, are DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME (or SCRIPT_FILENAME) set and is the script executable?" while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: xxx.dom.xxx, request: "GET /cgi-bin/mailman/admin/mailman HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket:", host: "xxx.dom.xxx"

I have other locations defined, and they work properly. It is just for mailman that it seems to fail.

I have been checking around, and it seems like fcgiwrap had a bug with an older version, but my install is newer than that.

Suggestions?

Gwyneth Llewelyn likes this.
  2. Hrrrmpf... did you ever fixed this 6 years ago...? I have the same issue, although not with mailman but with another script running under cgi-bin. I wonder what we're doing so wrongly...