filter was not added: PHP error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gilas, Jun 8, 2006.

1. gilas

gilas Member

This is the error.log (/etc/log/apache2/error.log)

[Wed Jun 07 13:04:31 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Wed Jun 07 13:04:31 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Wed Jun 07 13:04:37 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

I've read the previous messages posted in this forum and modified ISPConfig value to 'addtype' (to avoid filters) but without success, restarted apache, etc.

Some readers said that this error is ininfluent, but for my particular case this is very tedious. Infact when I attempt to upload some data through a form (text area) if the content is too large the server answers (it is not possible to display the page) and the upload stops without success.

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Change the line:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both';

to:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype';

in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

This is the correct and only solution!

This is not related to the above error. Just set the memory limit and limit for max. post data size in your php,ini to a higher value.

3. gilas

gilas Member

Thank you for you comment. I discovered the cause of the problem and talk with my colleagues.

Infact it happens that, if you attempt to upload through a form the following line (? is this a Ie/Mozilla bug?!?):

//page.headerData.1.value = <sc ript>alert(document.compatMode);</script>

(note: I've put a 'space char' between 'sc' and 'ript' to ensule this upload...

in the middle of a long text, explorer (or the server?) stops the upload immediately before the line and doesn't upoload the remaining text.

If you are using explorer you will redirected toward a page with "Documents contain no data" and under Mozilla you will receive an alert such as "No data.".

The behaviour changes between different servers, so that I think could be depending from the configuration...

This is very strange... thank you, have luck!!!!!

4. AlexPM

AlexPM New Member

Dear Sir

Dear sir

Replace that line not work for me.

I replace that line and restart apache2 and the same error in error log.

[Sun Aug 13 02:05:36 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

I think ISPconfig has a bug and 3 days ago attacks to my server start to come, same attacks to others user report in this forum.

[Fri Aug 9 00:09:57 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

[Fri Aug 12 09:42:23 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

One script in the server report that problem specifically is a script that use gmail for send emails via Pear, that script is not linked from any web page or script be cause i use for test that specific error and resolve that, i think only me access that page, but from any way someone else know the page...

How someone knows that web address?

Why servers with this problem start to be under attack?

ISPconfig is a trouble for me, I Install that and Headache come...

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

There's no known vulnerability in ISPConfig.

After you've changed your config.inc.php, you must update one of your web sites in ISPConfig so that ISPConfig creates new configuration files. Then the an unknown filter was not added: PHP lines will disappear.

That's a problem of your web application, it's not caused by ISPConfig.

6. tellar

tellar New Member

still dont understand

I am seein the same errors in my error logs and am not clear how to remove them, i have not changed config.inc.php,

a read in a few places the httpd.conf needs to be edited but in the new version of apache this file is obsolete and empty??

can you help get rid of this error

thanks

7. till

You must change the config.inc.php file as described above to solve this. Then modify one of your websites so that the configuration is rewritten.

8. achaian

achaian New Member

Thanks till --- Worked like a charm.

9. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Erk..when I do this I get the PHP file printed out in my browser. Debian 3.1.

Any ideas? This is freaking me out...

10. astewart

astewart New Member

I'm also experiencing the same problem, I get a number of these every few minutes showing up in the Apache2 log.

I seached for the "$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both';" in the "config.inc.php" file but it is not there.

I'm running ISPCONFIG 2.2.9

11. till

This line is definitely there, please have another look at the file. The exact file path is /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

12. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Does anyone know how to fix this?

13. till

You quoted the fix in your post. Edit the file and change a setting of one of your websites and hit save to let ISPConfig rewrite your configuration.

14. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

I should have quoted my entire post :)

When I put that fix in place, PHP pages print out the code to the browser instead of being handed off to the PHP engine for rendering.

I suspect this is because on page 5 of the Debian Perfect HowTo, we are told to comment out:

/etc/mime.types
    Code:
    #application/x-httpd-php                                phtml pht php
    #application/x-httpd-php-source                 phps
    #application/x-httpd-php3                       php3
    #application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed          php3p
    #application/x-httpd-php4 
    and in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php4.conf:

Code:
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    #  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
    #  AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
    </IfModule>
    So I *think* (not sure) that by changing the line: $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype';
    we are telling Apache to use addType to handle PHP, yet we have commented it out and therefore Apache doesn't know what to do with it.

Am I making sense or babbling?

15. till

The lines must be commented out, ISPConfig adds the nescessary addtype stamenets in the vhost.

Please set the $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype'; and the change a value in one of your seites.

The have a look at the file Vhost_ispconfig.conf and post a vhost definition from a vhost / website where PHP is enabled.

16. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Strangely, the problem seems to have gone away now. I did restart ISPConfig this morning. Perhaps there was something hanging.

Anyhow...things appear to be Ok now. Thanks for the help.

17. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

php still not opening opensuse10.2 Ispconfig

Keep getting the following error in /var/log/error_log

ed May 02 18:02:05 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/
    [Wed May 02 18:02:06 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/
    [Wed May 02 18:02:07 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/
    [Wed May 02 18:02:08 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/

what should this setting be in /etc/apache2/default-server.conf

I hope this is all that is still wrong there are no other error messages

18. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /srv/www
    ? Where does ISPConfig install the web sites?

19. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Results of ls -la /srv/www

just shows all my sites and the administrators for those sites
    Ispconfig is configured to install under /srv/www

20. Julius

Julius New Member

Hello guys

I have this problem too. I have modified successfully the file but i dont know what to do in the ispconfig panel to update the website and so to let ispconfig te rewrite the configuration files.Help!!!

thanks