filter was not added: PHP error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gilas, Jun 8, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Adit a setting in one of your websites and hit save.

2. warrior

warrior New Member

I olso have this problem I have change in the file
    $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype';
    and restart httpd servicen
    and change to my webpage but I get this error in my log
    [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

howe shuld I fix this bequse I cant upload enny files nowe biger end 2 mb

3. till

This is just a warning and not a error and it does not harm at all. This warning has nothing to do with your upload problem.

You must cfahnge a setting in your website in ISPConfig and save it, otherwise the apache configuration is not rewritten.

To upload larger filles, you must set the file upload limit in your php.ini to a higher value.

4. warrior

warrior New Member

I olredy have do this change in the phpini file

5. till

Then you most likely changed it in the wrong php.ini file. Most linux distributions have 2-5 php.ini files for the different php versions and separate php.ini files for cgi, cli and mod_php.

6. warrior

warrior New Member

I have change that to the both php ini files its has work before for me and when I have install ispconfig that dont work for me.
    And I cant se where is wrong bequse I have upload max size 10 mb

7. till

Create a file with the phpinfo() function inside and check the upload limit. Also, are you sure that your problem is the upload limit and not e.g. missing permissions to save the file in a folder?

8. warrior

warrior New Member

this is corect permissions but what is the code for phpinfo() ???

9. till

10. warrior

warrior New Member

thx that is corectly I have upload max size 15 mb

11. till

Please check if the max. post size is large enough. Are you able to upload smaller files, e.g. a 10kb file?

12. warrior

warrior New Member

yes I can upload max 2 mb but my upload max is 15 mb

13. till

Please try to set the max post request size to a higher limit.

14. justdave

justdave New Member

This didn't do the trick for me but I finally did figure it out. I remembered to edit a site configuration from ISPconfig to have it update the config files too.

I followed the Debian Etch "perfect setup" and installed ISPconfig. All went well. I did omit a few PHP modules that I didn't need and have compiled/installed Xcache also.

My /var/log/apache2/error.log was full of these errors. I know they aren't major errors but the less time being spent on writing them to disk can be more time for Apache to be doing something else.

Since only my sites are on the server and I need PHP for each of them I went back to /etc/mime.types and uncommented the lines listed as to be commented out in the tutorial. I also uncommented the /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf lines. I restarted Apache but the errors still showed up. I then restarted the server. The errors still showed up.

Finally I edited the /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file and removed the following lines from my vhosts:

Code:
    <Files *.php>
        SetOutputFilter PHP
        SetInputFilter PHP
    </Files>
    <Files *.php3>
        SetOutputFilter PHP
        SetInputFilter PHP
    </Files>
    <Files *.php4>
        SetOutputFilter PHP
        SetInputFilter PHP
    </Files>
    <Files *.php5>
        SetOutputFilter PHP
        SetInputFilter PHP
    </Files>

I haven't seen the errors since. :)

Everything seems to be working just fine. I'll just have to remember to remove those lines anytime I update from the control panel. Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers :)

15. till

This wont help much as ISPConfig overwrites your changes. The correct solution is to do what you quoted from mypost above, then go into the ISPConfig interface and change a website and save it.

What you most likely not dis is changing something in the interface to tell ISPConfig to rewrite the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file.

16. justdave

justdave New Member

Hmmmm... well I changed the IP address for a domain and saved. That should have rewritten the config file I think? I haven't tested since I restarted the server so maybe it's working now. I'll have to check and see.

Thanks till!

17. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

hi till,
    i have done this and im not getting that error in my error.log but im still getting the "500 error - Internal Server Error!" when i try and load the php file in my browser, it doesnt apear to be telling me anything else in /var/log/apache2/error.log

18. till

The log /var/log/apache2/error.log is the wrong file. Please have a look at the error logfile of the website which is in the log directory of the website.

19. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

awww sorry my bad, thank you....

/var/www/web13/web/gallery/setup/.htaccess: php_value not allowed here

trying to install gallery1,
    tho i had no troubles installing gallery2 or horde webmail on the same website ??

20. till

There are 2 possible solutions:

a) Move the php_value lines from the .htaccess file to the apache directives field of the website in ISPConfig. This is the recommended way.

b) Allow php_value settings in .htaccess file by modifying the AllowOverride setting in your apache configuration.