Firewall records required for AzuraCast app (webradio) ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Keoz, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to get rid of the following error message, that shows up when AzuraCast's app docker installation gets terminated :

/////// ERROR MESSAGE ///////
    "bind: address already in use"
    (in details, the message says that port 8081, and port 465 are already in use)

Despite this is an AzuraCast installation common error, I am not sure to understand how to apply in ISP Config firewall, the instructions collected from the official Azuracast app's docker installation support :

/////// AZURACAST SUPPORT SAYS ///////
    There are generally two ways to resolve this:
    Find the process that's currently listening on the port (commands like netstat -tulpn can help you with this) and either disable the program that's currently listening, edit its configuration to change the port it listens on, or uninstall it from the server completely.
    Source : https://www.azuracast.com/help/docker/#common-errors

/////// ISP CONFIG FIREWALL ///////
    [​IMG]

If I am not mistaking, as the default firewal configuration is active, apache2 is already listening to ports 80 and 443, and and ISP Config is listening to port 8080.
    The installation of AzuraCast allows to customize the ports it's app is listening to by default (80, 443).
    So I changed those to other ports (8081, and 465) that are recorded in default ISP Config Firewall configuration (attached image above), but I am still facing the same error message.

/////// QUESTIONS ///////
    Should I remove from recorded TCP ports those that I want to use for AzuraCast (8081 and 465) ?
    Should I'd better deactivate the firewall, and setup ufw from ssh command lines ?
    So in sum, what may the simpliest way and a good practice in such this case ?

Awaiting for all replies that may help !

Regards

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ports being in use is a completely different matter than your firewall rules. Port 465 is used by postfix, just choose a different port for this one. Port 8081 is probably used be the apps vhost in ispconfig, you could again choose a different port that is not already used, it disabled the apps server if you want it to be 8081. Whatever ports you end up using should then be allowed in your firewall rules.

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

Thank U !

I will give a new try to install the app based on your last post that make things clearer to me !
    I am most a user than a developer, and english not being my native language…, thus I do appreciate your help !

/////// Q / LET'S ENCRYPT ///////
    During the app installation, I am asked to activate or not “Let’s Encrypt“.
    Howerver, under the ISP Condfig “Sites“ tab, check-box for “Let’s Encypt" is already checked for the relevant domain, e.g. “webradio.mydomain.net“.

I guess that if I say YES, the installation shall duplicate the already existing SSL/TLS certificates, but is there a risk that this prevents other allowed app users to access it throught HTTPS URL ?

What would you then advise to reply ?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Those are 2 different things. The option in the installer creates a cert for your other services (like the panel, ftp, etc)