Flash Content + ISP Config ?!

Discussion in 'General' started by MetraDynamix, Jul 17, 2006.

1. MetraDynamix

MetraDynamix New Member

I use Dreamweaver... but listen...

If I follow the How-to the letter install ISPConfig which I did many times last night... and create a user/site in ISPConfig... Connect via FTP or FTP in Dreamweaver; that structure is there! with the scripts folder and with that file in it!

That I know for a fact.. from a clean install. This scripts folder and the file in it is being created not by me or my dreamweaver software! I've done this setup at least 4 times in the last 24 hours in a attempt to figure this problem out. The structure is there automatic, then I download the structure and modify the .index with dreamweaver and then syncronize.

Even on another server that I redid from scratch a few hours ago. When I make a user and connect via FTP. The structure is there with the scripts folder and that file in it.

2. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Nop, maybe you are connecting with DreamWeaver and its creating a default structure. ISPConfig doesnt do that thing.

DreamWeaver is known by creating loootttssss of garbage.. believe me..

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've programmed large parts of ISPConfig, so i know which folders ISPConfig creates and which not. These folders where definetly not created by ISPConfig!

You can try this:

1) Create a site in ISPConfig, lets say www.testdomain.com but do NOT upload any content.
    2) Open an SSH shell window, login as root and enter:

ls /home/www.testdomain.com/web/
    ls /home/www.testdomain.com/web/

Does it list your scripts folder?

Which software do you use to upload the site.

4. MetraDynamix

MetraDynamix New Member

DARN! I just did that now before reading your POST and that makes me a complete idiot of some sort! I can't believe this! You are correct! For when using the Web-FTP from ISPConfig, and making a new user, no folder called Scripts at all!!

This means that dumb dreamweaver is making this dumb structure with this file and messed things up. Thus wasting 1 day and 20 hours of my time. I appreciate your help so much! Considering that I was at fault the entire time! This is a good lesson for me to never use dreamweaver again! I am going to scrap this entire box, and re-create it as with all the playing around I think that I broke something. Because I followed what you said, or created a new Client, Create a New Site, Created a New User. When I FTPd via ISPConfig for some reason it showed me the files of another user or site. This could be due to the fact that I just upgraded as well to new version over the old one....

Thank you so much for all of your assistance everyone.