Forwarding Question For Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mrjjman, Apr 5, 2006.

1. mrjjman

mrjjman New Member

I've had a setup running with the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV) instructions for about 4 months now, and I love it.

However, there is one thing I was wondering about. I would like to forward postmaster@ and abuse@ addresses for all of the domains on the server to my personal inbox. I want to be compliant, but all the people that I host email for have no idea about running a server and certainly would not have any knowledge about how to respond to complaints at either of those addresses.

My question is if there is a way to forward those 2 addresses to my inbox without creating a separate rule for each address at each domain (almost 800 separate forwards to create now)?

mrjjman

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't think this is possible. Looks like you must create a forward for each address...

3. mrjjman

mrjjman New Member

I was hoping for it to be easy, but I guess I need to start generating the SQL queries.

Thanks!
    mrjjman

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you can write a little PHP script that does all the work.