Free official ispconfig school from noobe to expert...

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by zustudios, Aug 24, 2016.

1. zustudios

zustudios Member

I'm a noobe and I really like ispconfig. From trying to learn I noticed from searching google and youtube that it is hard to get started although possible(forum community is great).To contribute to the community I had the idea of the need to start an official ispconfig school to add with the forum. If the developers and users would start an official ispconfig youtube channel for all functionalities of ispconfig from install to costumer fuctions from the frontend (softaculous included) in all languages. If you would release a tutorial for each os that matches the howtoforge tutorials it would be great. If you would create a tutorial on web hosting (admin,reseller,and client levels) It would help admins to have a successful business using ispconfig. Costumer how to videos are needed as well(without branding)...
    This will bring more people to ispconfig and howtoforge.
    ex:

TMZ and till like this.
  2. zustudios

zustudios Member

3. zustudios

zustudios Member

TMZ likes this.
  4. zustudios

zustudios Member

I installed Softaculous so I thought I would post this. If I have any mistakes please let me know. Hope this helps!!!
    For 64Bit x86_64 Linux:

cd /tmp
    wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
    tar xfz ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.
    tar.gz

For 32Bit i386 Linux:

cd /tmp
    wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.tar.gz
    tar xfz ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.tar.gz

php -v

php -i | grep extension_dir

extension_dir => /usr/lib/php/20151012 => /usr/lib/php/20151012

cp /tmp/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so /usr/lib/php/20151012

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20151012/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so

Apache mod_php

nano /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

Command line PHP (CLI)

nano /etc/php/7.0/cli/php.ini

PHP CGI (used for CGI and Fast_CGI modes)

nano /etc/php/7.0/cgi/php.ini

PHP FPM

nano /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini

and add "zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20151012/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so" as the first line in the file(s).

service apache2 restart
    service php7.0-fpm restart

php -v

PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.0.0 (), Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

If you like to test the PHP of a website, create an "info.php file with this content:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Installing Softaculous in ISPConfig

Create a remote user in Ispconfig 3.1

Note: Before starting the installation make sure ionCube Loaders are enabled. Otherwise you will not be able to Install Softaculous. The ionCube Loaders can be downloaded at the ionCube Downloads page.
    Also Softaculous will not work if suHOSIN is enabled in your PHP

Now SSH to your server and enter following commands :

wget -N http://files.softaculous.com/install.sh
    chmod 755 install.sh
    ./install.sh

Note : ./install.sh should be executed as root. So for ubuntu users add sudo before ./install.sh

The Installer will start showing the Installation Processes and when done will indicate the same. NOTE: Scripts will be downloaded during this process. The Download Activity will also be shown on the screen.

If the installation was successful you can visit the Softaculous panel after logging into the ISPConfig panel :

Common Issue

Blank Page is displayed when Softaculous is accessed.

Problem : PHP Extension mysql and mysql.so is not loaded by Softaculous

Solution: Append the following lines in /usr/local/softaculous/php.ini

extension=mysql.so
    extension=mysqli.so
    extension=curl.so
    extension=soap.so
    extension=posix.so
    extension=json.so

Also create the directory /usr/local/softaculous/conf and create the file /usr/local/softaculous/conf/custom.ini with the same contents above. So when Softaculous is upgraded to newer version, it will check for php options added by user in custom.ini and will append the contents in new /usr/local/softaculous/php.ini
    Note: If mysqlnd is enabled on your server, add it at the top of the above extensions list in php.ini file as:

extension=mysqlnd.so
    extension=mysql.so
    extension=mysqli.so
    extension=curl.so
    extension=soap.so
    extension=posix.so
    extension=json.so

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017