Fresh install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mrbronz, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbronz

mrbronz Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for the response guys

The server is 64 bit, I had been using it for several years running the 32 bit OS.
    I have now installed a 64 bit OS but the installer is still not working.

I'm in the process of installing Th0ms suggestion I will let you know the outcome when its finished

CPU is a AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You could have said at the beginning you are not installing the OS as the guide advices, but instead a 32 -bit system.
    Command
    Code:
    dpkg --print-architecture
    shows whether OS is 32 or 64 bit.
    How much memory does that host have?
    Also, did you modify /etc/apt/sources.list or files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory? I did that and broke the auto installer.

mrbronz likes this.
  3. mrbronz

Well that is true but that question could also have been asked at the start.

# dpkg --print-architecture
    amd64
    Like I have already stated before it is a 64bit cpu

Code:
    #  free -m
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:           1741        1415          89          14         236         165
    Swap:           974         439         535
    The memory is more than enough for what I need

re /etc/apt/sources.list I didn't do anything just let the AI do everything

However, I have abandoned the AI install script because it's not working for me.
    I have just completed a manual install of the "the perfect server" and am trying to figure out the certificates as they are not getting created again... And this was my initial problem with the ispc3 control panel and also the reason I had to reinstall the OS and ISPC3 in the first place.

Hope this clears things up a little

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

mrbronz likes this.
  5. mrbronz

Thanks Till

I think I was a little too keen, after going to get a coffee then coming back it had sorted itself out...

Many thanks

ahrasis likes this.
  6. mrbronz

Just out of curiosity I set up a fresh Virtualbox of Debian with the same parameters as my server and used the install script.

To my surprise, it worked the first time.

I can only assume that there is something on my processor the script doesn't like

7. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The autoinstaller has been updated last night so this can be the cause as well.

mrbronz likes this.
  8. mrbronz

Oh right thank you

9. Jean-Marie Malsacre

Jean-Marie Malsacre New Member

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem when i try to install ISPConfig on a Freebox Delta VM with Debian 10.
    Processor is ARM64
    NB : Excuse my primary english ;)

10. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How?
    I remember threads on this forum on successfully installing ISPConfig on Raspberry Pi, so ARM processor should work. But the ISPConfig autoinstaller may very well not work on not 64-bit PC processors (i.e. not AMD64).
    Installing following the Perfect Server Guide allows seeing what fails and maybe fixing that to continue with the installation.

ahrasis and Jean-Marie Malsacre like this.
  11. Jean-Marie Malsacre

Jean-Marie Malsacre New Member

I was able to install ISPConfig on the VM using the manual installation tutorial.
    Thank you!
    Thanks.

12. Adi_72

Adi_72 New Member

I have the same problem on fresh installed Debian 10 after following line:

Installing packages software-properties-common, dnsutils, resolvconf, clamav, clamav-daemon, clamav-docs, zip, unzip, bzip2, xz-utils, lzip, rar, arj, nomarch, lzop, cabextract, apt-listchanges, libnet-ldap-perl, libauthen-sasl-perl, daemon, libio-string-perl, libio-socket-ssl-perl, libnet-ident-perl, libnet-dns-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, bind9, p7zip, p7zip-full, unrar-free, lrzip
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)​

It looks like, there is a problem with install some package..?

13. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please create a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.