FS#3649 - Resellers can not add domains for their clients in client module

Discussion in 'General' started by philgardner, Mar 28, 2015.

1. philgardner

philgardner Member

This bug is marked as closed because it has been fixed in version 3.0.5.4p4 (unless I have misread the bug entry). But I am still getting this problem in version 3.0.5.4p5. Which files were changed in fixing the bug? If I know that I can check that those files are up to date on my system.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you set the domainmodule limit in reseller settings to the number of domains that the reseller may add in the domain module?

3. philgardner

philgardner Member

That was it - thank you! I didn't find the domainmodule limit setting because I didn't expect it to be under Clients.

4. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I can't set the domainmodule limit setting to -1 (unlimited) neither for the user nor in the template. Why?

5. till

Which message do you get?

6. HSorgYves

In the template the value isn't stored (I always see a blank field in ISPConfig and 0 in phpmyadmin).
    For the reseller I can set it when using custom template. But it is overwritten to 0 when using a template as soon as I open the reseller.

And when using -1 for Max. number of Clients I cannot add a client to the reseller...

7. till

That's the expected behaviour. This value is for resellers only and therefor you can set it only for a reseller. Clients can not have clients so the value has to be always 0 for a client.

8. HSorgYves

OK, so a reseller needs to have a custom template...
    Can a reseller have an infinite number of clients?

9. till

Sure, like always: -1