fstab configuration on VPS usrquota, grpquota

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by CubeOne, Mar 7, 2015.

1. CubeOne

CubeOne New Member

Hi,
    I am pretty new with Linux, so I would need little help here. I have search around google etc, but I never found complete tutorial on config fstab. I need to set usrquota and grpquota on /home directory. Now, my /etc/fstab looks like this
    #cat /etc/fstab:
    none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0

when I do df -h, I get this:
    /dev/ploop19895p1 99G 3.4G 90G 4% /
    none 1.0G 12K 1.0G 1% /dev

Also maybe usefull information, I am on Virtuozzo based VPS. Second level quota should be enabled, as my provider told me that QUOTAUGIDLIMIT is set to 1000.
    I need this, because I want to install interworx webhosting panel, but it says that I need to have enabled second level quota (which by information of my provider should be done) and user/group quota enabled. In time I will still search for some useful links regards to this, but until now in 3 days I did not found anything :/.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it is CentOS on that VPS.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The output above is ok. Quota in OpenVZ / Virtuozzo is configured in the host server, not in the vm.

3. CubeOne

CubeOne New Member

Ok, but now I need to set usrquota and grpquota to / or /home (since /home is not partition, I guess it will work on /). If I put in /etc/fstab:
    "/dev/ploop19895p1 / ext4 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 1"
    Nothing happens. df is same, mount shows me /dev/ploop19895p1, but without usrquota and grpquota.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, you dont have to do that on a OpenVZ server as thats already configuered in the VM config like I pointed out above.

5. CubeOne

CubeOne New Member

So all it has to be done is turned on second level quota, right?

By specification that my provider gave me:
    QUOTAUGIDLIMIT 1000
    It means second level quota is turned on then? So i dont need to setup usrquota and grpquota?
    Because when I login to interworx panel, it says that I don't have user quota and group quota for partition /